Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New York City!


This past summer I went on vacation to New York. It was by far one of my favorite vacations, and defiantly one that I will always remember. It was very hectic in New York, but it was what I had imagined it being. The streets were so crowded and half of the time it wasn’t even rush hour. People were always pushing past each other running to get wherever they needed to go, and I also remember the constant stream of traffic in the streets and the constant honking of horns especially from the cab drivers.

The traffic was insane, and normally pedestrians have the right away but nope not in New York City. It was always cross the street at your own risk. I would always step in the street to cross and some insane cab driver would come and speed past seconds after I jumped back trying to avoid getting hit, and I always tried to ignore the honks. This was definitely not what Livonia was like.

When my family and I were in New York, we saw a lot of neat and exciting things. Of course since traffic was so bad our main mode of transportation was to walk, and if not, it was the subway. Since I had never rode a subway before I was kind of excited, ha-ha. We got to visit Ground-zero, where the twin towers used to be. The construction workers were busy at work, and it was sad to see that this was the spot where the planes hit on 9-11. Another neat thing we went to see was the Statue of Liberty. It was very neat to see, and I was told that part of the statue had real gold on it, and I really couldn’t believe that considering the statue stood there in all sorts of weather, but it was true, there was real gold on the statue. Pretty neat huh?

I was always excited to go to Times Square at night because it was always dark, and everything was lit up and it was absolutely gorgeous! Times Square was where most of the shops were, so of course while we were there we did a little shopping! While we were there we also visited the New York Stock Exchange, and that was pretty neat to see! Although we did have to walk around a lot, it was definitely worth it. If you ever get a chance to go to New York you should go because you will have a blast. Oh, and while your there don’t forget to try their pizza! :)

1 comment:

  1. I went to New York this summer and I agree about Times Square. I loved being there at night when the buildings were lit up, and all of the restraunts were busy. Pizza was my favorite by far there(:

    ReplyDelete